Monday, February 1, 2010

Good Things

Ah, I'm in such a great mood. Good things are happening. What are these happenings?

A) We put an offer on a house! After we bid on a HUD house (a government owned house process where everyone bids on the house on one day) and came in second place, we were pretty bummed. But then we found this new house, which, honestly, I think we like better. Plus, it's not a HUD house or a foreclosure- bonus!

ooooh, man, are we anxious to hear back from the seller!

B) We bought baby things! We had some coupons at Toys R Us that were going to expire. Thanks to your excellent advice, we decided upon a stroller and infant car seat, plus we bought a pack n' play.

IMG_9487e
Look at those big boxes- sure filled up our car!

IMG_9495e
And all put together. Good thing we're trying to get a bigger place, eh? We still need to buy another car seat, they only one in stock. Don't these stores know we need two of everything?

We decided to get a Graco DuoGlider, which fits two infant car seats but can be used without them. We didn't get a lightweight frame like some of you mentioned, simply because I don't want to have to buy another stroller later. Thanks for all the advice, everyone, I truly appreciate you taking a few moments to give me your thoughts.

C) Lost Season 6 starts tomorrow! This I cannot even fathom, its been 8 months since the last new episode and here we are, about to start the last 16! We've just finished watching the last season in preperation. In fact, I'm watching the bonus features as we speak. Eek!

D) Sean took his Immunology midterms today, which means I get my husband back from the Land of the Study Warts!

E) I have a most wonderful husband, an adorably cute 10-year old puppy, and two perfect growing boys. I couldn't ask for anything more.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the house!!! It all works out in the end. Before we got this house, we had put in an offer, been accepted and were moving through the process to close when there was a problem and we couldn't get the house anymore. I was devastated and we began searching again. This house is SO much better for us that I am so grateful the other one didn't work out now. I love the fabric of your baby gear! They have so many cute options now...even compared to when we started buying Ella stuff 6 years ago. And hooray for Lost tonight!!! What perfect timing to help the end of your pregnancy go buy...it will keep you occupied :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I hope everything works out with the house. Isn't it so exciting when you finally start buying your baby stuff?! The one thing I am SO happy I bought was a glider/ottoman set. My boy eats like crazy so it's nice to have something comfortable to feed and rock him in. It saved me some of those late night feedings. Also the boppy is great to prop up while feeding and to start out baby tummy time! We're excited for your family of four!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps we got the same pack n play and we love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Katie, I just realized you probably thought I was talking about you in the Bachelor post and were very confused :-). There is a Katie in my ward who wanted to know why hadn't posted anything this season...But I appreciate you complying with my demand for a comment :-)! What did you think of Lost? Mike makes theories the whole time and I think he may be on to something...we'll see though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're buying a house!? How exciting!! I'm so glad you have a blog to keep me updated :)

    ReplyDelete