Friday, February 12, 2010

bulbous

IMG_9570e


Boom. That's 24 weeks. Big. Gigantic. Whale-like. Along with this large belly comes:
  • A virtually non-existant belly button, except when standing and it bulges out just a bit
  • The beginnings of lovely, light purple stretch marks. Ugh.
  • An occassional surprise as I catch myself in the mirror, forgetting that I'm supposed to look like this
  • A cute little waddle that slows down my walk. I used to be a fast-walker. Now people pass me. That makes me a little sad.
  • The need for Sean to push me up whenever I'm in a comfy sitting position. One of these days, I'm going to become helplessly stuck and have to wait hours for someone to rescue me.
  • Oh so many mid-sleep wake-ups, typically for a bathroom break. Training for when babies are here? I think so.

But despite those things, I actually quite enjoy gestating. I can cheer myself on as I gain weight. I drink whole milk. I'm never expected to do any sort of heavy lifting. My mom buys me clothes.

And more importantly, I have this inside me:

babyA 23weeks

It really is incredible to feel them kick and punch. And fun to pick out names. Sean and I have an even tighter bond. I'm getting those motherly instincts. It's all such a beautiful process.

And isn't that little boy cute? We were only given pictures of A this time (last time it was just B's face)- I think because the doctor forgot what he'd already done. But, they're identical, doesn't really matter, right? I like how he's striking different poses with his hands- he'll make a perfect photo subject, he's a natural. And at least in these photos, you can get a better sense of the face. They're putting on the weight now so the face isn't so skeletal.

I think he's quite the looker.

7 comments:

  1. YOU are adorable. And your boys are adorable. So fun. I'm excited for you :) After the throwing up part, I really enjoyed being pregnant too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, Cute, Cute! I love being pregnant for the most part and it makes me sad to think I probably won't experience all that fun again. Have you tried Palmer's Cocoa Butter on her belly? I think stretch marks are partly genetic, but every little bit helps :-). What are the names you guys are thinking of?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. You have grown my dear!!!! Thank you for allowing us to continue on this journey with you....Love all of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Katie! You look FANTASTIC! We are SO excited. Reminds me of being pregnant -- and how just rolling over from one side to the other is about an 18 point maneuver = ) And yes, those bathroom breaks are the beginning of the preparation for being a mommy = ) xoxoxo Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute! I wish I could see you in real life. Those little ones grew quite a bit from your last picture! It's amazing to thing two little lives are growing inside of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I actually quite enjoy gestating."

    I don't know if I've ever heard it put quite like that before haha!

    And wow, your tummy got big really fast!!! You look terrific!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tummy does look like it's gestating nicely. :) The pics are starting to look pretty cute! You shall have handsomely, cute boys to hold very soon... :)

    ReplyDelete