Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Newest Mr. and Mrs. Bradley

Isn't winter a wonderful season to marry? I mean, sure it's cold, but the snow and the holiday cheer, the familial love- great time for a wedding.
Which is just what Sean's brother, Kyle, and his now wife, Lindsay, determined. They were married in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple in Utah last week and it was a grand day for all.
They asked me to take some wedding pictures for them.
Terrifying. Are there any more important pictures than those taken on your wedding day? I dun think so. Nu uh.
But I read up on wedding photography, paid attention to the composition of all the wedding photo blogs I frequent, and made good use of the new telephoto lens my parents gave me for Christmas (except for when my dear hubby ran off with it. tsk tsk. I forgive you honey), and some turned out alright.
Here are some of my favorites!
Wedding 2_4336b_1
What a lovely new temple. It'll be so nice when the foliage fills out a bit.

Wedding 2_4343b_1
Even prettier lit up at night.

Wedding 2_4322a_1
Ah, this was Sean's photo during the luncheon. He was seated perfectly in the center of the room, I'm sure so he could capture this image.
wedding_3915b_1
And the happy couple at last! So thrilled to be together!

wedding_3928a_1
Ha, this one probably won't be hung on the wall, but I love her expression.

wedding_3982a_1
All the family, except for Lindsay's sister-in-law who's caring for her very newborn. A great crew.

wedding_4027a_1
Isn't this so sweet? I love wedding love.

wedding_4042b2_1
Thankfully, Lindsay had a cape that at least guarded her from the sharp wind. 'Twas a cold day, my friends.

wedding_4094a_1
They both have lovely blue eyes. Can you see that here? Wonder if their kids will inherit it.

wedding_4052b_1
Rachel taught me what artists call this effect. Something like "lost and found," where you can't see the edge but your eye can still discern it. I'm a fan.

wedding_4133a_1
I love this one. The Bradleys printed it out 20x30 inches and it's so neat to see so big!

wedding_4141a_1
Mmm, this is what they mean when they say "wedded bliss."

wedding_4183b2_1
Lindsay's idea and it rocks. And I made Kyle dip her at least three times- what a tough guy.

wedding_4202a_1
Veil fun! Thanks, Lindsay's mom, for the "natural" wind effect.

wedding_4210a_1
What a good lookin' couple. They belong together.

6 comments:

  1. Nice pictures Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are amazing photos! You have a real talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Katie, you are really good! Definitely have a real talent in photography. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job! The pressure I'm sure was intense and you performed wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete