Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Haze

Bright and early on the Sunday before Christmas, Sean's dad knocked on our door about a half hour after my alarm was supposed to rouse me from my slumber. After grumblingly scurrying around, readying myself for the day, we all headed out to see the Mormon Tabernacle perform, along with the Symphony on Temple Square (which was more exciting for me- whoever enjoys a choir more than an orchestra is nuts), in their weekly Music and the Spoken Word.

The program was filled with exquisite Christmas music, often accompanied by a chorus of bells. My favorite part was the end of a haunting rendition of O Holy Night, when the last note melted into a river of harmony that drifted slowly over our heads. Goose bump-inducing. I love music chills. I miss being in band.

But after the performance, we pulled on our winter coats to bear against the hazy Utah inversion. And we came upon this:


Wedding 2_4254a_1


A most mystical, beautiful view of the Salt Lake Temple.


Wedding 2_4255a_1



Wedding 2_4264a_1



Wedding 2_4277a_1

I have goose bumps all over again.


And just for kicks and giggles, after editing this photos, I tried one of the Pioneer Woman Photoshop Actions (Vintage, I think) on a couple. I like the effect.

Wedding 2_4254b_1



Wedding 2_4264b_1

Which do you prefer, pre- or post-action?

4 comments:

  1. I love the very last one the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are absolutely beautiful! It's just sad that you were breathing in all that smog :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome! Can I buy one of them from you?? I've been wanting a Salt Lake temple pic in our house since we got married but haven't gotten one yet. These are the best I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We like the post action better. Those are amazing photographs.

    ReplyDelete