Thursday, December 17, 2009

Little happy family

Man, is everyone else having a crazy busy December? What with buying presents, making cookies, finding a dress for Kyle's wedding, making dinners, going to dinners, and visiting people, I just don't have any time to be lazy! Granted, all those things are pretty fun activities, but that's besides the point.

I know you've all been eagerly awaiting those zoo pictures but... I haven't edited them yet. Did I mention all the other things I've had to do? There's buying presents, making cookies... oh right, you get the idea. But I did edit some other pictures- our friends the Caywoods asked me to take some family photos. I said yes, not because I take amazing portraits, but because I like taking pictures, I own a cool camera, and I wanted the practice. And because they're our friends :)

I learned a lot, like how having a lack of light means a big ISO, which means lots of noisy pictures. And how it's totally unnatural for me to direct people how to stand, where to look, etc. And that babies look reeeeally small compared to adults and I might want to make sure the baby's held atypically high so as to be close to mom and dad's face. But it really was a fun experience and I was glad for the chance.

Here's some of my favorites:

IMG_8679a
The falls colors were so juicy. It fit perfectly with their outfits.

IMG_8688a
Don't you love Nicole's haircut. So edgy and perfect for her face.
IMG_8707a
That's a cute behbeh!

IMG_8725a
Just hangin out in the weeds...

IMG_8737c
See, he's sooo tiny.

IMG_8758a
My favorite! What a beautiful family!

1 comment:

  1. awww thanks Katie!! We really love all the pictures you took!

    ReplyDelete