Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pre-Houston

I'm currently watching the results show of So You Think You Can Dance. Holy cow, I don't know how the judges can boot anyone- they're all incredible! This is gonna be a good season.

Well, we've decided we're going to Baylor. So this last weekend we popped down to Houston to find a place to live. And I'm happy to report success! It's a cute little place with:
  • TWO Bedrooms (instead of the half sized bedroom we currently have)
  • TWO Bathrooms (wha? for guests?!)
  • Room for a kitchen table (call me greedy)
  • A dishwasher!! Hallelujah!
  • DOGS ALLOWED! That's right Pogo, you're comin with us!

While we were there, we took advantage of the proximity to the ocean and took a little trip down to Galveston. We only walked along the beach but, golly, that water's warm!


IMG_3806e

One of the great things about Houston is that one of my bruddas live there. We got to stay at his house and hang with his fun fam. And I remembered to take pictures of people! Except only once, so the whole family's not in there. And we brought our old, smaller camera, so the quality isn't so fantastic. C'est la vie.

IMG_3818e
We had a girls nail painting party. Oh man, was it raucous!


IMG_3820e
Niece J painted my nails and niece B's nails, while I did Niece J's. I went for all blue, while J chose some blue and pink alternation. B wanted pink on one hand and red on the other; quite a statement.

And look, the toilet's the background. That's classy.


IMG_3829e
This is a true representation of Nephew R. Most def.

Look inside his mouth. Is it just me, or does it make you confused too?


IMG_3831e

Have you ever played Apples to Apples with little kids? How they just pick whatever they like best, no matter the topic it's supposed to match? I think I prefer it that way.

It'll be so nice to have family nearby. We're moving in about a month- it's hard for me to fathom! Gotta get on top of everything!

8 comments:

  1. Okay, since you mentioned guests I'm interpreting that as an invitation to come visit you! How exciting--good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more sleeping on the couch? How sad. You get your dog too! This sounds like it's going to be more than awesome! I'll miss you guys though, no more one nighters traveling through provo :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for Houston!!! I didn't know you had family here. We'll have to get together once you guys make the move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horray! What a fun fun adventure you will have! And WHAT LUXURY! Isn't it funny how big two rooms will feel?

    We feel luxurious this summer being able to walk on both sides of our bed!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray for a place to go to school :) I'm happy you found a place to live too. And with 2 bedrooms, no less. I'm excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actuallyyyyy (in a cute Emma voice) I have played Apples to Apples with little children and it is often very funny. I do prefer it that way. I'm excited for you to go to Houston! Our home teachers just moved there. We're actually in Boston right now and trying to find an apartment! We definitely won't have a 2 bath place. Ohhh the luxuries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was good having you guys over. LOL, I had no idea you two snuck down ot Galveston. And just you wait to experience "warm".

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete