Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Manatee. I mean Manti

Since our stay in Utah is quickly coming to a close, we took a break from packing, planning, and cleaning to take one final trip.
Day: Last Friday
Place: Manti, UT
People: Sean, Kyle, Me
Purpose: Visit the temple and see the "Mormon Miracle" pageant.
Conclusion: The temple is so very, very lovely. Take a gander.
IMG_5205e

IMG_5217e

IMG_5223e

IMG_5231e

IMG_5240e
Ah brothers. On the stairway to heaven.

IMG_5270e
Oo, ominous- it looked like those clouds were ready to break forth and water the earth. But we lucked out, it passed right over us.

IMG_5216e
The stone had chisel marks all over. It gives it great character, doesn't it? Like I know what I'm talking about...

IMG_5257e
Watch out, pocket sized Kyle packs a mighty punch!

IMG_5261e
Sean's a good photographer.
I'm holding my shoes because they hurt my feet. Doesn't that defeat the whole point of a shoe? I still have a scabbed toe.

IMG_5244e
That's a staggering number of chairs. Who gets to take them all down?
Not it!

IMG_5244ee
That's where we sat. Not bad. Except when the action was RIGHT in line with those dang lights. The darker green grass in front of the chairs is where the pageant took place- it's a big hill, though doesn't look like it from this angle. It has to be big, there's hundreds of performers to accomodate.

IMG_5296e
We waited a long long time for the pageant. But it was worth it. It told the story of Joseph Smith, a bit of the Book of Mormon, and the early Mormon Pioneers. Even if it was a little cheesy at times, I usually felt warm and fuzzy inside.
Speaking of fuzzy, see Sean's face. He's got a little goatee growing. Hee hee!

IMG_5304e
But it was cold. So weird- when the sun was out, it was pretty hot, enough to make me want to stand in the shade. When the sun went down, it was the perfect temperature for about 5 minutes. Then it plummeted. I was very unprepared except for this little blanket. So I bundled.

IMG_5278e
And to close, a lovely flower from outside the restaurant/b&b in which we ate our first anniversary dinner.
Awww.

6 comments:

  1. Those are some great pictures! They look all professional-like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are taking some amazing pictures! We went and visited the Manti temple in the winter when we were still living in Utah and I remember being surprised at how beautiful it was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photos! How are you editing them (or are they gorgeous like that on their own? - I'm a bit jealous of your camera, by the way...). I love the color intensity - so vibrant! Anyway, I love the Manti temple, and I love the pictures you took of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are INCREDIBLE! What lenses do you use?

    SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also curious as to your camera setting, lens, and photoshopping you are doing here. Spill it.

    Please.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing pictures--love them.

    ReplyDelete