Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving.... so it's a little late... so sue me

No, don't sue me, bad suggestion. I've just been in one of those lackadaisical moods, which means I haven't been in a bloggin' mood. Can I make it up to you? How about with lots of pictures. And funny stories. Or at least funny to me :)

Whilst cleaning our little apartment, I caught my shoelace in the vacuum. And it just tore that sucker right off! Sean's shoes came with spare laces, so I wove them into my shoes. So what if they're a little long? They did make for good bramble catchers on our walks through the desert.We decided to drive through Vegas to get to Arizona, my first venture to the sin city (that's what they call it, right?). After about 30 minutes of finding parking-- I am SO not a city driver-- and about 1.5 hrs of searching, we came upon our main purpose in traveling to Vegas...Godiva Chocolixers! Oh my they sure are heavenly. And so worth the 2 hours pit stop.Thanksgiving consited mainly of celebrating Sean's maternal grandparents' 50th anniversary. They have the neatest house, entitled Withering Hots. Clever, no?And we felt so welcome. And I may or may not have eaten 9 pieces of pie on Turkey day. My tummy's still thanking me. And hating me!

Sean had his fill of all sorts of outdoor sports. He sure was proud of his "ringers." He especially enjoyed playing basketball with his brother, someone at about his same skill level. After about 30 minutes of play, Sean won! The score was 4-1. I kid, I kid. It was actually 3-2. These kids couldn't decide what to name their "pet turkey." I think the name Jane was just suggested. Absurd! (at least Gracie thinks so). It got so heated that one of them threatened divorce! Should I be concerned about that?

We played with Brady for a nice long while. We found a drain pipe that was a perfect fit for a golf ball. He'd put the ball in the pipe by the house, it'd go about 4 feet down a little hill, I'd retrieve it for him, and repeat!
I liked to walk around the desert and take pictures like the above photos. And then my battery ran out. And I didn't bring the charger. So many photo ops were missed. But it's okay, because Rachel took glamour shots of us to make up for it! Great photos Rachel! (ugh, Sean looks so good in this picture and I look so goofy. Me the Goof)

For instance, I ate a butterfinger on the drive home and a big chunk fell on my shirt. But did I notice? Noooo. Until I went to the bathroom later and thought something threw up on me. Gross!

6 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I want to go with you next time!! What's with all those weird pictures of me? I look like I'm walking like an idiot. Or bigfoot... Next post you should talk about all my manly ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very unique Thanksgiving!!!Glad you had a good time. I enjoyed the pixs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics! The Arizona desert is way cool.

    Next time you travel through Sin City, ask Josh for some tips beforehand. He can talk your ear off about how to have sinless fun (and maybe even how to park as well). :)

    BTW, I love your last picture of you and Sean - it is the perfect snapshot of your personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sin City, he? Pretty exciting! Cute pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We really are kindred spirits. I'm the sort of person who spills something on my shirt or gets something stuck in my front teeth and doesn't realize it for about 9 hours. This after talking to everyone I know.

    By the way, I want you to give me photography lessons. Your pictures were amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 9 pieces of pie? Will you ever tell if you did or did not eat all 9?

    And I agree with Emily. Your photos are really good.

    ReplyDelete