Monday, December 15, 2008

Snowmen

Remember how I said that I'd tell you about snowmen sometime? How about now? Great. Two years ago, the 15th of December was our one and only Reading Day (free study day before finals). Remember how I said I scheduled every moment of finals time? I wasn't kidding. This stems from a time during my Sophomore year when I was so utterly overwhelmed that I couldn't function. My mom suggested scheduling out all the things I needed to do... and somehow that made it possible to do everything. It was like magic. From that point on, I scheduled whenever life was crazy. Especially applicable during finals. And the accompanying reading day. Now, while I was studying like a nutter, I began to get a little frustrated with Sean because he had gone to lunch with a roommate (WITHOUT me) and then spent the evening playing Risk. And I studied. Not fair.


Then as Sean was walking me to my car that night (I had to go home to get to bed at the already scheduled time, after all!) it was snowing, and being the cutie-pie he is, he suggested we make a snowman. Too fun to pass up. Plus, I hadn't spent enough quality time with him that day. I should have scheduled that too, huh?
We made that little man right there in the parking lot.
At one point, Sean ran back to his apartment to grab some "adornments."
Don't you love those ears? He returned back with loot (including a banana for the nose and branches stolen off another snowman for arms). Then realizing he forgot his camera, he ran back again. I thought that was a little curious.


Upon returning, we finally stuck the branches in place and admired our work. Sean said, "He's missing something," and pulled off his CTR ring to place on the branch-hand.


He paused, then continued, "Oh, I can do better than that.."
And he knelt upon one knee, pulled out the most wonderful ring ever, and proposed! It was the most wonderful feeling in the entire world!


We never did get a final picture of the snowman. Go figure.


And it turns out, Sean had his roommate drive him to the jeweler to pick up the ring and the roommate treated him to lunch. There's never a real reason to be mad at that boy!

4 comments:

  1. I love hearing people's engagement stories and that was definitely a cute one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story always makes me smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like this story :D

    PS: GET RENTER'S INSURANCE. I used to think it was stupid when a complex required it, but now I wouldn't do without. Plus, it's pretty cheap wherever you go.

    It just offers so much peace of mind especially when you see that apartment fires and burglaries do happen. Unfortunately, sometimes all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story! You're lucky to have such a romantic husband!

    ReplyDelete