Sunday, December 14, 2008

Blessed Freedom

Ah, after a little flute playing at church and then giving the relief society lesson, I'm done for the semester! For real! I don't have a SINGLE final! Grad school is a beautiful thing. Don't get mad, I did my time as an undergrad and became super ultra mega stressed out at finals time (as in planning every minute of every day of that last horrid week). I did have a nice meaty final paper to write but once that was done, I only had Sunday stuff to worry about. And by the way, I have the sweetest, most intelligent ladies in the ward. I had 8 million amazing comments and stories shared during the lesson and then they come up to me later and thank me for the lesson. Pshaw, it was all them!

So to celebrate, let me share with you some of our splendid Christmas decorations. The nice thing about having a small apartment, combined with only a few years of "decoration gathering," is that it only took us about 20 minutes to set everything up! Unlike my mom, who needs to set aside a whole day to transform the house into a festival of cheer. One day I'll be like my mom :)

Fake or real? Ha, fooled ya- it's a fake tree! You couldn't even tell, could you? I knew it. Best 20 bucks ever spent.
Do you remember making little snowmen ornaments out of marshmallows? Well, I've got an ornament made of of plastic that looks like marshmallow snowmen! Step up! Poor Mrs. Snowwoman, a rabbit must have chomped her orange sniffer.
We made these adorable plaques at Aunt Michelle's over thanksgiving break. She's a creative GENIUS.
These too were a Michelle Production knockoff of years past. I helped make the set for Sean's family. But then, you know what happened? They gave it to me for Christmas! Sneaky...
Hey look, there's that super fake looking tree again!

Last year we looked and looked for a tree topper to no avail. Are they out of vogue or something? We finally found one this year at.... Walmart! A bit whimsical, isn't it? Life needs a little whimsy.

O'er the fields we go, laughing all the way, HA HA HA!

Snowmen are important in our marriage. Perhaps one day I'll tell you why.

Aw, look at sean's wonderful wrapping job. Honestly, I learned a thing or two from him about wrapping on the ends of presents. He should go pro. He even uses bows!!



Alrighty tighty, off to enjoy... boredom!

2 comments:

  1. You even have snowman wrapping paper!!! How sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i noticed the snowman wrapping paper, as well!

    One day, Katie, I challenge you to post all the things that Sean does poorly. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete