Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Local Barnyard

IMG_7802e
I'd seen some signs for Johnny Appleseed Day at a historical barn I pass on my way here and there but have never visited. I didn't know if it'd be small and lame, so I didn't wake up Sean early from his post-night shift slumber nor invite any friends. While it was small, it was not lame! Almost completely because of the great backdrops for photos.

IMG_7789e
But also because there were hayrides!

IMG_7794e
And "cow" milking!

IMG_7812e
And silly games for cheap (but instantly adored) prizes!

IMG_7819e
And rest breaks! (okay, okay, this was posed but they had no interest in looking at me for a photo)

IMG_7791e
There was even a creepy giant chicken!

IMG_7847e
This old truck was very, very rusty. Go play on it, kids!

IMG_7825e
We got to churn our own butter by shaking cream and salt in little jars (and when I say "we," I mean primarily me). It was tasty on crackers!

IMG_7842e
But seriously, the photos. I need to come back with some more intentional outfits and no weird knee bandaids and bright wristbands. But now I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment