Friday, September 26, 2014

Introducing Rusty

IMG_8311ee
Meet Rusty. I get to play mommy to him a few days a week. Well, truly I don't think I could ever mother him as well as his real mommy, but I try.

IMG_8327e
Rusty was real skeptical of me and my lot at first. It took him a long time to fall asleep for naps and didn't really enjoy his time with us in general. But he's warmed! Now he falls asleep easily to long naps. He's fairly happy when he's awake!

IMG_8346ee
The boy likes to be up high. When he's not held, he usually let's me know his displeasure. But sometimes he's cool with it.

IMG_8354e
He's more happy-go-lucky the first half of being awake- full of smiles and wiggles. As we get closer to the next nap, he's more particular in what brings him amusement.

IMG_8333ee
The first day or two, all the noise during his bottle feedings made him very distraught. I thought it might be just because he wasn't used to much noise being all around him. But I really think it was because he was weirded out by the whole situation and not sleeping well. He now does feedings just fine (unless I have a cough, then he's a little bit terrified).

IMG_8349e
(This photo makes me giggle) My kids have been amazingly accepting of him, even excited for the days we care for him. Dash and Liam are very doting and love bringing things to help him. Grey is really sweet, giving him pats and kisses. Sometimes he wants to help hold his bottle.

IMG_8320ee
This has given me a small taste of what it's like to have four kids. Planning around naps, getting things done one-handed, meeting even more needs at once. But I don't have the restless nights like I would if he was my babe. Days when he's not here seem so simple. Unexpected bonus: when Rusty's here, I don't do much snacking. Not enough time!

IMG_8315e
And now Rusty's done taking photos. Thanks, little cutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment