Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Firehouse

IMG_2500e
We had a field trip for our little preschool group. To the FIREHOUSE! I've never been in one- I was just as excited as the kids!

IMG_2485e
They got to hold a firehose!

IMG_2486e
They've been pretending to put out fires ever since.

IMG_2493e
Grey wasn't much into being put down but he did detach himself from my hip to walk around inside a firetruck. So cool.

IMG_2496e
Hanging out on the back of a truck. To take this, I had to wiggle my trigger finger out of Grey's gasp, who I'd set on the floor. In other words, I completely abandoned him. Apparently. Because he did this for the next ten minutes:

IMG_2497e
I had not seen this kind of tantrum from him ever. But I have seen it since! The era of the tantrum has begun. Rolling on the floor, not wanting to be touched, just screaming. So, Grey and I missed half the tour. I heard tell that Liam and Dash got to try on a fireman's suit. That's pretty sweet.

IMG_2507e
And then they got sent home with a fireman's hat, a crafty firetruck, and their own badge stickers. That's how little boys' dreams come true.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! Those boys were in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea about the going to the firehouse! And as for Grey's tantrums...well he has a kindred spirit over here in Sawyer. He is hitting these tantrums WAY earlier than Avery did, but I guess that happens when you have an older sibling to lead the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I am not the only one in the tantrum phase. I am sorry that you have to go through it, but I thought something was wrong with my child! He does the same thing as Grey; he throws himself on the wall or ground and just screams until he forgets why he is screaming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool! I want to see inside a firehouse! But tantrums are the worst, so sorry.

    ReplyDelete