Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Nature Observatory

I noticed there was a nature observatory nearby, I thought we'd check it out one night when Sean was working late.
IMG_0648e
There was a big room full of books and puzzles and such. Books on various things, likes trains (interesting choice for a nature observatory)...

IMG_0652e
And puzzles about the alphabet (again, I don't necessarily see the connection to nature)...

IMG_0646e
Okay, okay, they did have lots of nature objects to explore, different furs, actual nature-y things. (Dash donned the turtle shell and gurgled "ribbet, ribbet." Um, let's talk about our reptiles and amphibians, Dash)

IMG_0655e
Even taxidermy!

IMG_0661e
Grey was craning his neck the whole time to view the birds hung around the room.

IMG_0664e
Then we went on a quick, unplanned nature walk. Which was fun but MOSQUITOES. So many bug bites. Still, I made us all stop and take this quick photo, because, really, how could I not. Worth the itchiness.

1 comment: