Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Purser Post

IMG_9988e
This is not my son. Though he kinda looks like Dash. This is Caleb. He's the son of Sean's missionary trainer. He and Nate (Yaj Pov) served together in the Twin Cities for seven and a half months and roomed together in college. Nate married a girl from northern Minnesota, so they like to come visit.

IMG_9985e
This is Russell. He smiles a lot.

IMG_9983e
We went to Hmong Fourth of July together, something they did as missionaries. There's several sports going on at the event, including Khatow (Sean made up that spelling) (I think it's officially called Sepak Takraw) which is a sort of kick volleyball with a ratan ball. CRAZY. We also got some yummy Hmong Sausage and purple sticky rice with kua txob sauce (a tasty condiment in moderation). Grey ate that rice like it was his last meal. Then we left because it was HOT.

IMG_0027e
We later went to an inflatables play area, so nice of them to invite us!

IMG_0018e
I got a lot more photos of Grey than his brothers.

IMG_0029e
Because when I photographed Liam and Dash, it was either their backs...

IMG_0044e
... or a big blur. Too much fun to be had to hold still.

IMG_0015e
Yes, this is much simpler.

IMG_0001e
Look, Russell can make balls levitate!

IMG_0031e
They had a bunch of little plastic settings all around, like kitchens and castles, intermixed with the big inflatables. It looked pretty funny to me, but the kids didn't mind.

IMG_0039e
And it gave everyone a chance to talk. Win win situation.

IMG_0052e
But then it was time to go. It's time to go? I'll have to think about that, hmph. And look, there's my ring, which I noticed on the drive home was missing a small diamond. Sigh.


IMG_0062e
None of them wanted to leave each other, really. Liam and Dash still talk about them now. They think every red car is the Purser's rental. It's good to make friends, even long distance ones. But they might be moving back soon, so it won't be so distant, yay! Come back quick, Pursers!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love how you start with, "This is not my son." Haha! And I love how Russell can make balls levitate. ;)

    We had so much fun with you guys! I can't wait to move back and hang out with you guys more often!

    ReplyDelete