Sunday, June 23, 2013

the part where we rest in gurnee

IMG_8872e
We spent a nice little week at my parents house before we headed to The Land of Ten Thousand Lakes. They had to work all week but we still had the evenings with them while we had fun during the day.

IMG_8914e
We got to see Matty's baseball game!

IMG_8915e
It was cold.


IMG_8887e
We had lots of fun with the maple tree's helicopter seeds (which now litter our new backyard, whee!).

IMG_8877e
But most exciting was going to Six Flags. My parents got us passes as birthday presents and we took advantage. We went four times, three with kids (one of those without Grey- that was weird, where's our other kid? With Grandma napping, silly.)

IMG_8874e
Liam and Dash had LOTS of fun. We went on all the fun kids rides (I think their favorite was riding the boat and dinging the bell, which they got to do by themselves) and the train ride (which made Grey fall asleep). I was so proud of them for trying so many things! The concept of lines are still a little troublesome for them, though.

IMG_8894e
Sean and I got to go one night on our own and it was a blast! It was a slightly rainy day which meant the park was much more empty. We walked on to so many roller coasters. In fact, so many coasters in so little time made us a little queasy by the end. I'm pretty sure that makes us officially Old Foagies.

Then we repacked to head to our new home. My parents are moving at the end of the year and wanted to give us a few things (including a piano!) so Sean drove a little U-Haul while I drove the kids in the SUV. Later, my mom drove our old Honda and dad drove up with his car so they could help us get moved in. How nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment