Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The End of Texas

And with this post, I present my last photos from Texas.

IMG_8155e
I'll miss Texas. I don't think I'll miss Houston like I missed Provo or Gurnee. Perhaps because I didn't live there as long. Perhaps because of those cursed summers. But miss it I will.

IMG_8144e
I'll miss our friends and our ward. I'll miss the Sugar Land fountains and that one bridge over that one lake. I'll miss the great Splash Pads that provide such needed relief in the summertime.

IMG_8121e
I'll miss Sean's schedule. Sure, some rotations were crazy hectic and those big tests took so much study time. But other rotations were such a breeze. His school schedule is going to look like a vacation compared to his residency schedule.

IMG_8152e
I'll miss those mild winters. My birthday was perfect every year.

IMG_8138e
Most of all, I'll miss our house. Provo was where Sean and Katie began; Houston is where the Bradley Family began. All our kids were raised in that house. I didn't think I'd be too sentimental about it but a few days from moving day, it really hit me that we were leaving all these memories behind.

IMG_8158e
I WON'T miss the super gross heat and the GIGANTIC bugs. So long cockroaches and beetles and red ants. Stay away forever.

IMG_8141e
Now, Minnesota. I'm nervous about the snow and making new friends and getting to know a place all over again

IMG_8159e
I AM looking forward to a pleasanter summer, lots of lakes and parks, and enjoying the place sean loves so much.

IMG_8161e
Time for change.

2 comments:

  1. Having moved from Texas (Dallas) to Connecticut last year, I can say that we still miss Texas--lots more than we thought we would. And I would trade a Texas summer for the winter in a second. I'm sure you'll find your reasons to love Minnesota, but Texas might have a hold on you for a while. At least it does for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see your newest adventures and am happy I got to see you and meet your twins when they were itty bitty :-)!

    ReplyDelete