Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Shenanigans

These little boys had their nine-month check up a month early. They needed to get the second half of their flu shot (for which they didn't even flinch!). Their stats are:

Liam
2 ft 4.75 in - 81st percentile
17 lb 4 oz - 11th percentile

Dash
2 ft 4.38 in - 71st percentile
16 lb 8 oz - 5th percentile

I've got some long lightweights.

What else are the boys up to?

IMG_3276e
It ain't no fun until they're crawling over each other

They're still content to scoot along on their bellies and are quite the speedsters when they're excited or focused. They also love to pull themselves to standing while holding our hands.

IMG_3369e
Playing with the shadows

Liam and Dash sure enjoy exploring new ground. I have to keep their door closed when I'm changing diapers to make sure the boy on the floor doesn't venture out to the stairs. I see them watching their wrists bend or moving their heads for different perspectives. They especially enjoy flinging themselves backward to see the world upside-down.

IMG_3421e
He's like a little puppy

They both cut a top tooth a day apart. It's like they're twins!

They're sleep is going much better. They're on a two nap schedule. If you would have asked me to try it during the holidays, I would have said the boys couldn't come close to staying awake long enough to manage that. But lo and behold, a couple days after returning from our vacation, they started taking longer and longer to get tired for naps pushing their bedtime so late. So we made the switch and everyone's happy. Now it's a ton easier to go out of the house for errands (or fun) since we don't have to fit everything into narrow wake-time windows. They've been great sleepers during the night. They wake up sometimes but it's been over a week since I've had to go in to help them go back to sleep. AND they almost always make it past 6am! The only problem is that they so often wake up 30-40 minutes into their first nap (one boy will awaken and his noise wakes the other). That's not enough sleep to make it three hours until the afternoon nap so I leave them in their cribs. They'll fuss for a long while but usually go back to sleep, but it's very frustrating. It's happened eight of the last ten days. What's worse is it messes up MY nap. Just kidding, that's not the worse part ;) I just want them to get good sleep.

Wow, I just went wild talking about sleep. It really does make or break the day. Any ideas on kicking the nap intruder?

2 comments:

  1. I love that first picture of them crawling on each other. So cute! And I can't wait for the day that I can say Luke's sleep is going much better. Everyone keeps telling me it will happen "someday" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could get my child to sleep! I don't want to wish away this little babyhood, but gosh sometimes I just think it will be so nice for him to a bit older and HOPEFULLY sleep better.

    ReplyDelete