Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Stymied

I can't decide if I want Liam and Dash to be on the same schedule. They're actually doing fairly well at night- they always go at least six hours between eating after they first go to bed and I can usually count on at least a three hour chunk of sleep before one of them fusses.

IMG_0937e
What's hard is during the day, when I'm on my own.

If they nap and wake together
Pro: I can get sleep and do chores during their naps
Con: It's really hard to entertain two babies at once- playing with one often means ignoring the other (not really "ignoring," but that's what it feels like when I'm not super hands-on). So I become stymied. Usually it devolves into soothing alternately fussy babies until they fall asleep.

If one sleeps while they other's awake
Pro: I can guiltlessly play with one baby while the other snoozes away.
Con: It makes it really hard to get anything done since there's never a break!

IMG_0954e
I'm not sure which I prefer. It's not simple having two little babes. But it's a challenge I'm so happy to face- I love both boys so so much.

7 comments:

  1. Simply surrender; when you weigh the benefits, the wait's worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply surrender; when you weigh the benefits, the wait's worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote is to let them set their own individual schedules during the day. Then you will all be happier! The dishes and sweeping the floor can wait = ) This stage goes by SO fast... you should just relax enjoy your (quality) time with each baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with Chris. And forget chores--SLEEP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of mothering is just going with the flow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure which I prefer. It's not simple having two little babes. But it's a challenge I'm so happy to face- I love both boys so so much.

    I bet it's moments like these that you wish you had siamese twins, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW, Chris is absolutely right.

    ReplyDelete