Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Gurnee Trip 2010

Sean had the month of July off of school.

GLORY BE AND HALLELUJAH!

I can't tell you how fabulous it was to have him around all the time. I loved it and the boys loved it.

Since we had so much free time, we took a road trip up to Illinois. It was... long. Liam and Dash did pretty great being in their car seats so long. I was the grumpy one sitting between the car seats, alternately pumping and giving bottles, then taking a turn driving every so often. Sean did a fabulous job driving for so much of the distance.

Oh, we took Pogo, too. Talk about a full car! I think she enjoyed returning to her old stomping grounds.

IMG_1148e
Liam and Dash met lots more aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Their cousin O was enamored with the youngin's. She was always vying for a turn to hold one of them. Now's one of those times where I can't believe my little niece is growing up so quick!

IMG_1140e
Cousin E was just as excited to have his turn to hold a baby.

IMG_1199e
Cousin M, too.

IMG_1416e
By the way, M's rocking these aviators.

IMG_1130e
I loved seeing my sister with my little boys. It's weird, you know- I'm the baby of the family and now my sister's holding MY babies. Weird. Awesome.

IMG_1184e
Aunt Chris has always been excited for me to have kids- she couldn't get enough of my boys.

IMG_1094e
Then my cousin Diana got stuck holding them both while the rest of us ate dinner. I'm sure she didn't mind a bit. Heh.

IMG_1075e
Dash made himself right at home on Great Uncle Bob.

IMG_1093e
I just love this picture with my mom. Liam and Dash make everyone so happy!

We did lots of fun things on the trip like watch baseball games on tv (I'm hardpressed to find a White Sox game down here in Houston), play board games, went to a couple movies (thanks for babysitting everyone!), and mom even watched the boys for a night (though guess who couldn't help but wake up repeatedly anyway...).

IMG_1191e
Here's Sean walking the boys over to the park. Only manly men push strollers.

IMG_1173e
M really puts his body into his basketball shooting. That's how he lives his life, giving everything his all.

IMG_1159e
Dash enjoyed falling asleep and quickly waking up so he wouldn't miss anything exciting.

IMG_1160e
Liam too, can't miss a thing!

IMG_1274e
Sean celebrated his birthday while we were there. To celebrate, he hung out with his boys.

(oh swoon, look at Dash peaking up at his daddy)

IMG_1409e
I think that's a pretty good birthday gift, don't you?

3 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL PICTURES!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to have Sean home for the whole month...of course you probably got a little spoiled, huh :-)?! I can't believe you guys drove up to IL and even brought your dog too! I'm glad you were able to have a little break - being around your family when babies are little is always so nice (for everyone)!

    ReplyDelete