Friday, August 27, 2010

Cachinnations

Cachinnation: The act of laughing loudly

Is there anything better than a hearty giggle erupting from a little infant's mouth. Yeah, I don't think so either. Liam and Dash had previously produced lots of little throaty laughs during their first 3.5 months of life, kind of like tight intakes of breath or a squeezed hiccup, but nothing with real gusto.

Wonderfully, they both recently burst out in full-fledged guffaw. Much to their parents' delight.

IMG_1613e
Dash's giggle occurred as I was dumping out some condensed tomato soup into a pot. I think it was the slurpy sound the thick soup made as it escaped the vacuum of the can because he kept laughing when I plunged the can back into the soup over and over again to recreate the suction sound. You know, that is a pretty funny noise, now that I think of it.

IMG_1605e
Liam made his laugh at the grocery store. We're think it was caused by the conveyor belt moving our groceries along. All that stuff moving on it's own... magic! The cashier couldn't help but smile.

Unfortunately, both times the baby laughed as I was carrying him in my Baby Bjorn so I haven't seen their faces whilst giggling. I made Sean describe it to me in detail. He said they had on the biggest smile that would fit on their face.

Oh my goodness, imagine how adorable it'll be when they both giggle at the same time. I don't think I'll survive the cuteness.


P.S. Cute pictures, no? You can admit it, I have the best-looking babies, I know it's true.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I want to hear them giggle so bad. I can just imagine the cute smiles they would have on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the sound of baby giggles! :) And YES, you have the MOST BEAUTIFUL twins!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute and I love the angles and lighting in the pictures. Pretty soon they'll making each other laugh and that will be sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! baby laughs (and smiles) are the BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete