Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Basics

IMG_0925e
I'm feeling the need to share some stories. Involving some of the basic functions of humanity. You know, things with which we can all identify. Namely, poo, pee, and boogers.

IMG_0858e
A couple weeks ago, I had just opened a package of a new brand of diaper. Being unfamiliar with the diaper's design, I accidentally placed it backwards around Dash's tush. So I lifted his legs to fix the placement and... you guessed it, he pee'd. Right in his eye. Mom fail.

I took comfort that most moms have a story just like this.

Then I did it again a week later.

IMG_0881e
In a particularly powerful sneeze, Liam unseated a boogie which then fluttered near the edge of his nostril with every breath. As Sean looked away momentarily to grab a tissue, the boogie disappeared. We never found out if he shot it out or... *shudder* I can't even bring myself to type the alternative.

IMG_0908e
Liam's taken to consolidating his bowel movements recently. When his finally lets loose, it's... messy. His second time, poo reached his belly button! I'm kind of impressed.

IMG_0966e
(In each of these pictures, Dash is on the left, Liam on the right. Don't you love how the tone of these photos don't at all match that of the stories?)

8 comments:

  1. Dont feel bad. Jeremy was changing Aiden's diaper last week and he ended up pooping so hard it landed in Jermeys mouth! How he managed to do that I'll never know! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually guessed who was who correctly! Yay me! Hope you like doing laundry and giving baths!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute together! i love the pic of them holding hands! Nice photos, Mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the stories!!!! :) We had a crazy poo incident 13 1/2 yrs ago -- mid-diaper change, a very gassy baby shot a very liquidy poo several feet away.....!! I laughed so hard, it took me several seconds to stop laughing and finish diapering my babe. Then the cleanup.....UGH!! To wipe it off the wall, computer tower, etc.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THESE SWEET PICTURES!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What sweet babies. I love the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "(In each of these pictures, Dash is on the left, Liam on the right. Don't you love how the tone of these photos don't at all match that of the stories?)"

    Well, at least we know Liam loves his mommy. You're batting 50% Katie. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! This is Marci Freeman's little sister and she said you might know about the wards in the downtown area. My husband and I are looking at places around River Oaks/Montrose/Upper Kirby and want to be in a ward with other young couples (I'm 23 and he is 25)... any info you have would be helpful! We have to sign a lease somewhere within the next few days.

    Thanks!
    Kayley
    kayleymiller@gmail.com

    And congrats on the new babies- they're super cute!

    ReplyDelete