Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ultrasound Mania

Do you remember those zoo pictures I promised? The ones you've been anticipating for over a month? You ready to see them?

Well... you'll have to keep waiting. Haven't touched them yet. Maybe my next post.

But I DID have another ultrasound. Two actually. Just a week apart. They're supposed to be two weeks between but the holidays messed it up. I don't mind seeing them so frequently though. It's lovely that I don't have to take it on faith that my little boys (my little boys!) are doing okay in there.

So here's some pictures!

At a gestational age of 18.5 weeks:

A Face - 18 weeks

I think A was always looking at the probe so we couldn't get a nice profile picture. So instead we see an alien face propping his chin on his hand. He's already practicing for all the pictures I'll be taking.

B face - 18 weeks

Hey buddy!

Come on, readers, wave back! It's only polite.

Baby B profile - 18 weeks

Aw, precious baby B!

At a gestational age of 19.5 weeks:

Baby A color - 19 weeks

A's in a The Thinker pose. Can you make out the almost-profile? The tip of the nose is just about smack dab in the center, then to the right there's a dark shadow of the eye. I think.


Baby B color - 19 weeks

B's in the same head orientation, though a bit smudgier and zoomed in. Dude's got a big nose. His parents don't exactly have dainty schnozes, so genetics aren't on his side.

Like Sean mentioned in the last post, I'm now confident that I'm feeling these boys kick. Or maybe they're punching, from the orientation they're in. When Sean felt that first one on Sunday, ah, his face was so bright and happy! It was like a father-son high five.

And I know I look like a dope, but I had to document the day when Sean first interacted with his child- so here I am at 19 weeks!

IMG_9330e

7 comments:

  1. aw! I'm so excited for your little guys to get here!We're gonna have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute! Glad you can feel them and that everything is going well so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful Katie!! Thanks for posting lots of pictures so those of us far away can still feel connected :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) You don't look like a dope! You look so cute!
    2) How fun that Sean got to feel them. I bet it made it more real and was a bit of a bonding moment for them. Tender!
    3) You're such a cute pregnant! Your little bump is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! Feeling your baby(s) move is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will you still post pictures when you're 38 weeks along? hee hee You're looking cute!

    I'm thinking the 3d sonogram pictures will start looking better when the babies develop some more. Hmmm?

    ReplyDelete