Friday, November 13, 2009

P-Dub

A few days ago I received this Amazon order in the mail:IMG_8012e
As a faithful Pioneer Woman follower, I've been anticipating this cookbook for months! No longer will I have to rifle through messy wrinkled printouts to find my favorite mashed potato recipe (yes, I even look at a recipe for that basic dish) or run back and forth between the kitchen and computer to compare sauce consistency. I'm a recipe girl and this is the book for me!

IMG_8014e
And these are all the recipes I'm ready to try. I wonder how long it will take me. Months? Years? Decades? At least it will be a yummy journey.

The first recipe I tried?
IMG_8023e
Potato Skins. Healthy.

And you can bet your bottom dollar that I'm stoked for her book tour stop in Houston. On December 5th, I'll meet my cooking and photography (and let's face it, my all around ideal of an awesome woman) hero! Check out when she's coming to your neck of the woods.

5 comments:

  1. I had no idea she was putting out a cookbook! I'll have to get it. I've loved every recipe of hers that I've tried, but there are so many pictures on the recipe blog that I don't look through it often. I do LOVE her photographs though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, she already came to Phoenix :( That looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous that you have that book! It will be like cooking through Julia Child's recipes only the Pioneer Woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olivia marks up her cookbooks the same way! lol. You two should just try each recipe, instead of using up a whole box of post-its.

    I looked through the book at the bookstore, but held off on buying it. Let's face it, just looking at her yummy recipes puts on weight, let alone eating it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i´m so jealous! i love the pioneer woman!

    ReplyDelete