Thursday, January 22, 2009

CS4!

My wonderful husband bought me Adobe Creative Suites 4 for my birthday! What a spoiler!!! I feel so special. I thank my lucky stars for that blessed, blessed student software discount.

My first task: figure out how to work Photoshop. Thank goodness for video tutorials!

Here's a quick first attempt, mostly getting rid of a little forehead shine and burning the edges a bit. But it does feature my mom's gift, what a cute bag! Made by her visiting teaching companion. What talent!

This may now become a forum for my photoshop prowess progress. Warning, this may take some patience on your part!


**************************
Anyone catch LOST last night? Wowser, that'll twist my mind around for a while!

"What is it?"
"A compass."
"What does it do?"
"It... points north, John."

(HAHAHA, the first time I wrote that quote, I typed "It... tells time, John." Ha, guess it's not so obvious)



4 comments:

  1. I'll be curious to see your photoshop learning process. Someday I'll have a real camera and photoshop, but I know it will consume all my time and become an obsession so maybe it's better I have to wait awhile :-).
    I was exhausted after watching Lost! I'm not used to using my brain while watching TV...the Bachelor is so much easier to understand :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking as an avid Photoshop user since 1997, all I can say is that you are now hooked for life! Is there anything that Photoshop CAN'T do? Anyone? Anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just started photoshopping... it's addicting! I see a photo and I'm like, "oh, I can fix that... and that... and that..." I will now go down in history as having clear skin muahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was my present to Mark for Christmas! Though I enjoy it just as much. And hooray for bookstore prices indeed! With the $800 dollars you save you're on your way to a sweet camera!

    ReplyDelete