Thursday, November 15, 2018

Musical Swings + Waterfall

Well, you could say I'm little behind when I still need to blog about a summer activity and we're already three months into the school year. Let's get crackin'.

I had heard about this place in Green Mountain Falls that had a temporary setup of musical swings with a waterfall a short hike away. My parents were in town and my mom decided to join us.

IMG_8746e
Firstly we walked up to the waterfall which had a little bridge and a several landings to play in. And play we did!

IMG_8730e

IMG_8718e

IMG_8710e

IMG_8695e

IMG_8685e

IMG_8692e

IMG_8697e
We brought Syl along. At one point, a big brutish dog appeared without a collar. It came along the trail so I thought an owner would come up behind but nope. I kept Syl back and thankfully the dog turned back around. I don't know what I would have done if it was aggressive!

IMG_8711e

IMG_8722e
I always find this kid in perfect picture poses.

IMG_8734e

IMG_8752e

IMG_8754e
Then we hiked back. "Hike" is a stretch, it was really a walk through some roads (steep ones, though) both dirt and paved and a small trail. But if you're wearing a water backpack, it's official.

IMG_8757e
Wren went at her own pace. As always.

IMG_8678e
A nice little lake at the park with a few ducks to watch.

IMG_8764e
And the main event! The musical swings.


I still am not totally sure how it worked, I think the movement of a swing would activate a little melody. I couldn't tell if stronger swinging made it louder or anything. The tune would change even with the same number of swingers. However it worked, it was cool.

IMG_8775e
Wren's attention, though, was solely on the stream nearby.

IMG_8774e
Just splashing, strolling, and moving rocks.

IMG_8777e

IMG_8784e
And then it was time to go (doesn't she make the most achingly pitiful face?). We stayed there for hours since the kids were having such a nice time. Now the swings are gone and I hope they return someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment