Friday, July 13, 2018

Sean goes to camp

IMG_8075e
Sean was asked to be the physician at our stake's young men's camp for a week in June. He told me that he was more concerned about the adults attending the camp than the youth. That's pretty much how in panned out, anything major happening to a grown-up. In fact, there was a very serious incident with a woman we knew and Sean took care of her until paramedics came and she was Life Flighted away. Sean did not think things looked good for her at all by the time she left. Everyone at the camp and those who know her were praying and fasting for her. A few days later, she was out of the hospital- a total miracle. I'm really glad Sean could help her.

IMG_8052e
Thankfully that was the only severely emergent situation. Hearing of her recovery was so faith-promoting and he had so many wonderfully spiritual experiences that he shared with me. During the week, I had to work hard to not feel a wee bit bitter, as this was taking a week of vacation away from us, besides me parenting alone. I only got to speak to him a few brief times, with very poor reception, when he ventured out to the lone spot with cell phone reception. But hearing about the things he felt and learned definitely made me grateful for the time he spent there. (and he practically held hummingbirds, can you see them in the photo?)

IMG_8036e
And it's pretty nice to spend some time in remote country, right? But I was so glad to have him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment