Monday, September 26, 2016

Temporary Home

We've been in our rental for about a month and a half now. We still have about ten boxes that we need to unpack, filled with odd books, decorations, and tools. You know things that we don't need all the time so they're just sitting there while our motivation takes a vacation. We really enjoy our house with four bedrooms and a fun yard (that isn't a continuous slope like before!)... and Sean and I have a bathroom separate from the kids! Hurray! Except they use our tub. Since it's a big tub and that's obviously better. Interesting fact, our next door neighbor has three Saint Bernards (and maybe a golden retriever but I haven't seen it in a while, so maybe he was visiting). Luckily, only one seems kind of barky. Although, when there are any sirens in the distance, the chorus of howls from them and all the nearby dogs is quite impressive.

Our church ward is really lovely and has been so kind and welcoming to us. It's a very dense ward with small boundaries, like a Little Utah. And our across the street neighbors are SO NICE. Also, I have a Target five minutes away, in case you were worried about me.

Before we moved in, we were at Sean's parents' house for a little over a month. We had lots of fun adventures (since Sean wasn't working yet! It was so awesome), had my parents come for a visit (on a grand tour across the country), enjoyed time with Rachel and Ellie (thanks to the family reunion) and welcomed Austin home from his mission (after my in-laws toured Italy with him for a couple weeks).

IMG_2672e
Garden of the Gods is everyone's favorite. So much climbing!

IMG_2911e
My parents were here!

IMG_2430e
I did a little photoshoot for Rachel and Ellie, I've included some of my favorites.

IMG_2417ee

IMG_2433e

IMG_2438e

IMG_2439ee

IMG_2490e
(my kids have already named him "Baby Rufus")

IMG_2413e
Cousin bonding!

IMG_2834e
I think this is an accurate representation of the love and chaos we experience at all times.

IMG_2840e
Everybody loves Wren.

IMG_2501e
Wren says, "Thank you Mimi and Pompa for sharing your home with us!"

No comments:

Post a Comment