Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Goodbye, Minnesota

Moving has gotten the best of my blogging! With packing and driving and everyone getting sick and family reunioning, I've been busy! We're here in Colorado, though we'll move into our rental home in August. We're all super excited for this next chapter. But still, I sure do miss Minnesota. I miss my friends. I miss the familiarity. I miss our little but super convenient town. I miss my church family. I miss the midwestern-ness. I snapped some photos during our last days as Minnesotans.

IMG_1828e
We rented our house without even seeing it back in 2013. And while it has its quirks, it worked out so wonderfully for us.

IMG_1834e
The backyard had the most gigantic tree. While it did bring added work when the leaves fell and the mapleseeds descended, it provided the best shade, a place to coast on the tire swing, and the perfect support for our huge hammock. Plus, we'd find all sorts of natural treasures, like this caterpillar snacking on a fallen leaf.

IMG_1847e
Look at those little feet!

IMG_2135e
Lots of fun memories playing outside and on the porch. Wren was introduced to bubbles here!

IMG_2145e
The day before we moved, I made us all take some family photos. As if we didn't have enough to do. The things you do for memories. (Grey cracks me up)

IMG_2150e
The long, tree-lined streets were so deliciously beautiful in the colorful autumn and snow covered winter.

IMG_2155e
We moved to Minnesota when Grey was eight months old. Most of his life was as a Minnesotan.

IMG_2160e
My baby girl Wrenny was born in Minnesota!

IMG_2165e
Dash and Liam spent most of their memorable lives in Minnesota. They started school in Minnesota. Sean finished his medical training in Minnesota.

IMG_2147e
I could go on and on about all sorts of little delights that the state has brought us. A true gem of a place to live. Goodbye, Land of 10,000 Lakes, you'll forever have a special place in our hearts.

2 comments:

  1. These are so fun and you will be so glad you have them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn these ninjas and their onions. My eyes are all leaky.

    ReplyDelete