Sunday, May 8, 2016

Fargo Air

Growing up, we usually went on vacation via the car trip. And anytime I entered a state I had not yet visited, I got to color in that state on my very own state map, so I could keep track of each state I've entered.

Wouldn't you know it, Sean's family kept track of their visited states, too. Now it's a tradition that we're doing with our kids!

You know what's a tricky state to log? North Dakota. Not a whole lot of exciting things happening in that state. Way up north. In fact, there are North Dakota visitor centers that have shirts celebrating people getting their 50th state- they know. They know their state isn't the most enticing.

But do you know what it borders? Minnesota. So, gosh, we had to take a trip. I'd apparently visited the state when I was very young but the rest of my family has not.

To Fargo.

We drove over on a Friday, had some dinner, and played the night away at the hotel pool. The next day we hit up a couple fun venues before heading back home. First, we scoped out the Fargo Air Museum. Super cool planes, tricky keeping the kids from climbing into them.

IMG_0767e
Ha! These boys are the funniest.

IMG_0752e

IMG_0809e

IMG_0754e

IMG_0756e

IMG_0760e

IMG_0772e

IMG_0782e
Little Man found a cool motorcycle that he told us all about.

IMG_0787e

IMG_0791e
(model plane, not the real thing)

IMG_0798e
The drone was one of everyone's favorites.

IMG_0800e

IMG_0801e

IMG_0806e

IMG_0807e

IMG_0813e
It was very much Wren's naptime so we thought she might fall asleep. That was a very silly expectation.

IMG_0820e
Keeping his smile on despite a few time outs. Oh, what a three-year-old.

Coming up, a children's museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment