Sunday, October 11, 2015

Kindergarten, what?!

IMG_8067e
Can you believe it, these kids started Kindergarten this year? I hardly can.

IMG_8062e
Liam and Dash highly anticipated their first day. I, however, broke out in sobs any time I thought about it too much.

IMG_8072e
Kindergartner Dash.

IMG_8076e
Kindergartner Liam.

IMG_8078e
All lined up with their class, ready to enter. And, yes, that's Grey lined up with them. Results of first day: Liam loved it! Dash loved it! Grey was surprisingly okay with it! Wren slept a lot. I cried less than I thought I would. Watching them walk away into the building was the hardest. Amazingly, Sean was on nights and could come with us that first day of drop-off. Plus, I went with Grey and Wren to have lunch with them. Helicopter Parenting? Yes, thank you.

We're a month in now and the twinners still enjoy school. They really like when they have recess and eat food, have their special classes like gym, music and STEM, and really like having all sorts of new friends. They've learned lots of new rules and are dedicated to following them. Their teacher is lovely. We just had our parent teacher conferences and she reports that they are doing swimmingly. I still miss them during the day but I have to admit, it's nice to have much less fighting amongst siblings. And Grey certainly likes having so much of my full attention. I think he might be getting tired of having to drive them back and forth from school every day, though. We're all adjusting but it's all in a positive direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment