Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Pregnancy #3 Thus Far

I'm 15 weeks along now but here's what I looked like last week:
IMG_1988e

Obviously, I'm showing and have been pretty much from the get-go. My body knows how to make room for baby. It was so nice when I announced the pregnancy and could stop sucking in. Seriously.

This pregnancy has gone pretty well, all things considering. Talking points of this pregnancy:
Nausea: I've had the most nausea with this pregnancy. I only threw up a few times (including on a date, spending the last ten minutes of Interstellar hugging a movie theater toilet. Trying indian food for the first time while in my first trimester was not the best idea) but that's more than my other experiences. I learned that small portions was very, very key.
Aversions: Pretty much everything sounded gross for a while. Then it focused on sugary things. Which, I mean, it's me, that's crazy! Just the thought of a baked good... shivers. It's not too bad now, but I can not even consider making a cookie. Eating, that might be okay, but making, no way.
Go-to Foods: Things that always sound palatable: sushi, raw potatoes, frosted mini-wheats, good chocolate.
So Tired: Dude, I'm just tired all the time. I always want to sleep.
Sub-chorionic hemorrhage: I had a hemorrhage for a while which was scary for a little bit but ended up fine. It was no heavy lifting for me!
Headaches: For the last month I've gotten headaches mostly everyday (except on my birthday!). This happened with Grey, too, and I'm trying to remember when it went away. I don't think it'll be soon. I'm trying to drink lots of water in case that's contributing.

We waited until a few days before publicly announcing to tell the kids, primarily because we didn't trust them to keep a secret! But Sean kinda wanted them to guess that I was pregnant, so he'd constantly drop hints, hoping they'd figure it out. Talking about mommy's tummy, mentioning new siblings, reading books about babies, etc. Plus, they were at an ultrasound with me where I poorly distracted them. So they weren't completely surprised when we spilled the beans. But they still got very excited and hugged and kissed my belly.

When I first found out I was expecting, I needed to tell Sean but couldn't come up with anything clever. So I just set up my phone to record at an angle I thought was right (I was wrong) and called Sean over to show him the positive pregnancy test.

He was excited (and Rusty was not excited that I was momentarily not paying attention to him. It was rectified).

1 comment:

  1. raw potatoes?! You are crazy :-). I'm so excited for you guys though!!!

    ReplyDelete