Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

IMG_1896e
So what was the destination of the boys' first flight? Why, it was Orlando, FL! Not to visit DisneyWorld but something even better: my sister and her family!

Well, we did go to Downtown Disney. Going to the amusement parks would have been too complicated with the boys. Not to mention expensive. And crowded.

But we'll be going back to visit Harry Potter world sometime. Oh, and to visit Jenny again. Yep. ;)

IMG_1893e
Mom and Dad were there, too. Mom probably won't like this picture but I think it's pretty. Mom doesn't like pictures of herself. Is everyone's mom like that?

IMG_1888e
My niece and nephews are getting so grown up! I think my niece may be a better cook than I am.

IMG_1898e
These brown-eyed beauties made a fantastic thanksgiving meal. No pictures of the food. Because I was eating it, duh. Especially the sweet potatoes. Man alive, those sweet potatoes!

The boys? Well, they took a nap during their first thanksgiving meal. But don't you worry, they were later treated to their first tasting of sweet potato baby food. They like that vegetable as much as their mama does. Couldn't get it in their mouths fast enough!

IMG_1906e
The rest of the visit was a big hang out. Lots of cousinly bonding.

Isn't that beyond precious?

IMG_2077e
And grandparents soaking up their grandkids.

IMG_2042e
I took thirty-six of these photos and every single one had at least two blurry faces. Definitely should have gone outside. So here's a good one of everyone except Liam and Dash.

IMG_2037e
Now here's one where the babies are, well, sort of in focus.

IMG_2064e
And us girls. Isn't my mother gorgeous? My sister too. I've always wished I had her incredible hair.

Things I learned during the visit:
- The boys can sleep through a lot more noise than I expected
- Having the boys sleep in a non-squeaky floored room is heavenly
- I want a house with a cool screened-in pool area. Leave the house doors open, no bugs and all the breeze!
- The Harry Potter movie was so awesome
- The boys do not want formula. Repeat, do not
- I'll be darned if I didn't miss my little Pogo
- Baby food spit up is infinitely worse than milk spit up

This was the first thanksgiving I had with my parents in, I think, eight years. And the first with Jenny in ... way longer than that. It sure was a treat!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Your sister is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! And my mom also does not like ANY pictures of herself :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom doesn't like pictures of herself. Is everyone's mom like that?

    My mom is.

    ReplyDelete