Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Disneyland!

When we began contemplating our California visit, we thought, Well, we're in LA, maybe we should think about Disneyland? Which turned into okay, just for a day. Which became, but there's two parks, should it just be one day? And landed on aw man, we're doing two days, aren't we? Yep, a day in Disneyland Park and a day in California Adventure. We made full use of fastpasses and the Max Pass, which is basically access through an app to fastpasses and with greater frequency- definitely worth the extra cost in my opinion. We got there at opening each day and stayed until about 9pm. Oh, also, the app gives you the option to order food online, which was awesome- who wants to wait in more lines, anyway?

IMG_2357e
The kids had such a great time!

IMG_2346e
Wren looks like an sweet angel in this photo and I was a shadow demon, so, cropping.

IMG_2361e
Cooling off break! It was definitely hot in the middle of the day.

IMG_2373e
We brought a camelbak and I think it was pretty dang helpful.

IMG_2384e
Character hugs!

IMG_2395e
There were a lot more characters wandering around California Adventure. Also, we went to the park two days before the Pixar Pier opened. Bummer.

IMG_2401e
No matter a playground or an expensive theme park, a slide is a winner.

IMG_2410e
Cooling down break with a little head dip.

IMG_2415e
The kids got to do a little rubber duck race down the river.

IMG_2418e
That girl in pink was so excited.

IMG_2425e
Cool down break!

IMG_2494e
Hey McQueen.

IMG_2496e
The one time we found a park professional to take our photo (it's free when you have Max Pass).

IMG_2498e
Mickey's so funny.

IMG_8248e
Blurry but it's cute so there.

IMG_8281e
A little brother/sister dance number on Tom Sawyer island.

IMG_8305e
No naps + the hot sun + being two years old = grumpy enhanced Wren

IMG_8361e
Tried our hand at drawing Piglet.

IMG_8362e
I was setting kids up and no one saved a seat for me, so I sat behind them all. It was fortunate because Wren would color page after page and demand more sheets and I was luckily by a big stack. The things I do to prevent a public meltdown...

IMG_8365e
Having a great time!

IMG_8374e
Wren couldn't go on lots of the big rides so we would do the parent swap. Wren often got to go on a (smaller scale) ride once with one parent and set of siblings, then again with the rest. She took it like a champ. Though that also meant we didn't do a ton of rides together. When that happened (hi, It's a Small World!) it felt special.

IMG_2499e
Let's do some ride photos! Grey held me very, very tightly.

IMG_2613e
This smile cracks me up!

IMG_2500e
Wide-eyed. If I remember correctly, this was Dash's favorite ride.

IMG_2501e
What can I say, my kids like to hold on to stuff. Liam's favorite ride.

IMG_2493e
This ride is new to me, it's great! I went with Grey and the photo disappeared as we approached the screen (so I never got the code to download it), which is a bummer since it was Grey's favorite!

IMG_2429e
A tired and happy bunch.

IMG_2432e
Saying goodbye with a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment