Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Three-and-a-half

IMG_0476e
Hi, I'm Grey. It was recently my half birthday- now I'm three-and-a-half years old!

IMG_0513e
Boy, being 3.5 is fun! I really like to be extra sweet sometimes, giving Mommy sweet hugs and telling her that I love her. She really likes that. Sometimes, when I'm upset, doing that helps me feel better. Sometimes I talk extra sweet and say sweet things and look really cute. I like to say silly things that make people laugh. Making people laugh is one of my favorite things!

Sometimes I get in a mood and my favorite thing is hitting my brothers! And throwing things! And destroying things people are making! Mom and Dad keep putting me in time out for it but I don't care, it's so much fun! Eventually, I go back to sweet mode, which most people seem to enjoy more.

IMG_0496e
I use the potty now! I really like to hold it until the last second before agreeing to use the bathroom. I guess I like to live dangerously. I only wear diapers at night and sometimes I keep them dry!

I like to do the fun and silly things my brothers do. Saying silly things, moving my body goofily, jumping around, all that. I do like to be a bit cautious, however. Even as a baby, I didn't like quick descents, like going down the stairs, and that's stuck with me. I can't do big swings right off the bat, for example, despite how I initially claim to want it.

IMG_0503e
The thing that makes me most upset is when someone doesn't respond to me right away. "Mommy, you're not talking to me!" Alright, maybe she was already in the middle of a conversation, but still!

I love love love food. Especially sweets and snacks. I'd like to sneak them any chance I get. If only I didn't get reprimanded for it! Now, vegetables... I could pass on those.

I sleep in a room with my brothers now and I generally like it. Sometimes I have a hard time calming down at bedtime and have to lay down in my parent's bed. Sometimes my brothers wake up before me and get me up before I'm ready. But usually I like hanging out with them, peaking over their shoulder and being where the action is. Mommy says sometimes I talk in my sleep- how funny!

IMG_0491e
My very favorite game right now is TickleTron. That's daddy, he's a tickling robot and he chases us around until he catches one of us and tickles us! It's the best game! Sometimes Mommy is TickleTron and sometimes we take turns, too.

Mommy loves it when I get excited about something. She says my eyes turn extra bright, my smile turns extra wide, and my giggles turn manic. Like, when there's a reward I've been really waiting for and she finally says I can have it, oh man, the elation! It just bursts out of me!

And you know what I'm excited about right now? Being three-and-a-half! Whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment