Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Funny Talks

IMG_2765e
D: Earth is a planet. Earth is a planet. Earth is a planet. Can you say yes?
L: Yes.
D: Earth is a planet.
L: [sings] Earth is a planet.

D: Grey, eat it. EAT IT. In your mouth!

[I'm listening from the next room over, I never learned what they were discussing]
L: Two more ones?
D: Uh uh
L: Three more ones?
D: Uh uh
L: Four more ones?
D: Uh uh
L: Five more ones?
D: Uh uh
L: Six more ones?
D: Uh uh
L: Seven more ones?
D: Uh uh
L: Eight more ones?
D: Uh uh
L: Nine more ones?
D: I want ten more ones.
L: Okay.

[Grey's hiding in plain sight]
L: Where's Grey? He's not on the ceiling. He's not on the wall. He's not on the door.
G: ahhhhh!
L: There he is!

D: It's a... mommy, what is this?
Katie: It's a caterpillar.
D: LIAM! IT'S A CATERPILLAR! IN THE BOOK!

D: [sings] Bakers man bakers man bakers man is coming to town.

Sean: Katie, you are foxy.
L: Katie, you are foxy.

[Dash wakes up in the middle of the night very upset. This is typical and he gives some odd reasons. Examples...]
D: I want to glue the door. I do! I do want to glue it.
-or-
D: I didn't give Grey a kiss!
-or
D: I need to say my prayer!

[Sean's singing]
L: Pause.
[Sean continues]
L: PAUSE!

IMG_2789e

Sean: I'm Tickle-tron! [a typical game in our house]
L: No you don't do that. Daddy you don't tickle me when I'm eating.

[watching a pre-March Madness game]
Katie: Who do you want to win, Florida or Tennessee?
L: I want Florida to win.
D: I want... Florida. You want Tennessee mommy.
K: I want Tennessee to win? Okay. Go Tennessee!
D: Go Florida!
L: Go Florida!

D: That's not dogs that was cats.
L: I don't want Dash to say something to me.

L: A fire truck!
D: Actually that's a tow truck [he's been saying "actually" or, rather, "axally," when correcting people and it's fantastic]

D: [singing Batman song] Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na [etc]
L: No, I don't want him to sing! No!
[Dash finally stops]
L: [singing Batman song] Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na [etc]
D: No, I don't want him to sing! No!... [simultaneous with Liam] Na na na na na na na [etc]

L: No don't throw it... Yes, throw it!

L: [on toy phone] Hello Grey! How are you? Are you havin fun? Ooooh. Bye bye!

D: [not quite understanding Buzz Lightyear] To da cafibia and beya!

[Driving by the St. Paul Cathedral]
D: Look at the castle!
Katie: It's so pretty!
L: It's so big, mommy. Jesus is in there.

L: [timer going off] Mommy, what is the alarm for? Is it for disease?

G: Brawwwwr!
L: Grey is silly! Grey is so so so so so so so so so...

D: I am Zurg. Ha ha ha.
L I am Buzz Lightyear!
D: I don't have to be nice.

[in the grocery store]
D: Look that girl has white hair!
Katie: Mmhmm, when you get older, your hair turns white or gray.
L: ...That person got old.
D: ... That person got old.
L: ... That person got old. [etc]

L: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, [continues counting], 27, 28, 29, 20-10!

[watching the end of Toy Story 3 while they're in the incinerator]
D: They have to stop, drop, and roll!

D: I will tell you a secret [whispers in my ear] the green grass grows all around, all around, the green grass grows all around.

Katie: Liam, please don't do that. Sweetheart, please stop.
D: Sweetheart, please stop. [he's my little first mate, repeating all my orders]

L: I threw up a little bit right here and then it went back down!

[Dripping Liam moves to leave the bathroom]
K: You can go out in the hall if you want but you'll probably get really cold.
L: I not get cold. [leaves and returns]
L: I not be cold. I be warm! I be hot there!

IMG_2772e

No comments:

Post a Comment