Thursday, December 16, 2010

High Knees and Leaves

IMG_2261e
Lookit! Lookit! On his knees!

IMG_2327e
Dash and Liam are ridiculously close to crawling. They're scooting around like gangbusters. They're growing really buff triceps and calves from all the arm pulling and toe pushing said scooting involves. But recently they've started to get their knees under them (no belly on the ground!) and rock front to back. Sometimes Dash makes a frog-like leap forward that results in a nose-plant. But it's progress!

These pictures are from Saturday when we had the most perfect day. Temperature just right, gentle breeze, mmm. So the boys and I enjoyed a little yard time.

IMG_2307e
What's there to do outside? You can look at the fence.

IMG_2306e
You can look at mom.

IMG_2310e
You can look at the trees. Pretty cool. Yep.

IMG_2256e
"Can I please play in the leaves now, mom?"

IMG_2299e
Oh alright.

IMG_2267e
After removing approximately 47 handfuls of leaves before they entered Liam's mouth, I gave up.

IMG_2273e
I mean, they're not dry and cracking, they can't do much harm, right? RIGHT?

IMG_2276e
Meanwhile, I poked Dash with some pine needles. I'm a sweet momma.

IMG_2282e
Then I teased him by keeping it out of reach.

IMG_2278e
Whoops, he got it.

IMG_2291e
Just want to see what it tastes like? Alright, just be careful you don't---

IMG_2289e
Too late.

What supreme mothering skills.

(Now go look at these cute cute cute pictures again. I can't get over them. They make my heart sigh)

2 comments:

  1. Fun photos and great captions, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aHHH Memories! Matty ate SO many leaves it was ridiculous! Like you, after 47 times I just gave up and went with it. He turned out ok = ) He also ate... napkins... straw wrappers... paper... sand ... dirt... lions, tigers, bears....

    ReplyDelete